Thursday, August 2, 2007

Finally moving forward

So I had the hysteroscopy on 7/11, and it went incredibly well. Evidently there was leftover tissue from my miscarriage. My RE was amazing, I was barely in any pain post-surgery, and never even had any bleeding other than minor spotting for a couple days.

He suggested that I stay on the pill for another week and a half, and then start my cycle. So, that's exactly what I did. I went to the clinic on day 2 for b/w and u/s. Luckily, everything was perfect, so I began taking estrogen pills. We ran into some minor snafu's however, including the endless trail of paperwork necessary to transport my embryo's across town from one clinic to the other. Luckily it all worked out, and our 7 frozen ones are safely in their new home. That is one HUGE relief. We also had to repeat some infectious disease bloodwork that somehow never made it from the first clinic to the second, but that's ok, it's all done now. And I feel so relieved.

Next step is to go in this Monday for my day 14 b/w and u/s. Then I will begin progesterone shots and they will give me a transfer date, which should be by the following weekend. I spoke to my RE today, and gave him my preference for transferring 3 embies. He's going to inform the lab. Given my neurosis, I have taken to using my Clear Blue Easy fertility monitor to insure that my estrogen is rising like it should. And it is. I got a high reading today. PHEW. Please let this all work out...Please.

I estimate that if the transfer is done on 8/11, then my beta test should be 8/20 - the day before my birthday. I am scared for the wait between the transfer and the beta, because now that I know what it feels like to be pregnant - the ridiculously sore bb's, the exhaustion and the morning sickness - I am afraid that I will be analyzing every single symptom during my wait. And of course, I will. And I don't know HOW I am going to resist the evil HPTs. Last cycle I started taking them at 4DP5DT - and getting light positives. I was so confident that time. Of course it would work. It had to work. And I guess it sort of did...

I am getting ahead of myself. I need to make it to the transfer first, and then start worrying about what I call "phase 2" problems. Here's how I see it:

Phase 1: The cycle itself - getting through it and making it to the transfer successfully
Phase 2: The waiting period between the transfer and the beta
Phase 3: Post-beta (if this is positive, then...)
Phase 4: More betas leading up to the first u/s
Phase 5: Post-first u/s into heartbeat, end of First trimester
Phase 6: The final frontier. Made it past the first tri obstacles. Can breathe a little easier now.

I never really got to enjoy any of the stages with my last pregnancy, it was so precarious from the beginning, and it ended before the heartbeat. So I need to pace myself this time and take it one stage/phase at a time. But I am famous for speculating and worrying about anything and everything that could happen in the future.

Hmm. Well, please pray for me. We'll need your thoughts and prayers to make it through this one.

No comments: