Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Beta is in!

I had a strange feeling of calm today, even while I got my beta hcg blood test drawn. The nurse asked me if I cheated to which I replied yes, and told her the outcome. She said that was good, but they look for a certain level, and too low can be bad. They like to see at least 50. She said they get the results around 11:30-12, and call the pregnancy tests in first. So at like 11:30 this am, the lovely nurse called and said, "Congratulations, you're pregnant! You were right!" I literally gasped. Here are the numbers:

E2: 405
Prog: 24.5
Beta HCG: 123

So, I'm satisfied. My next beta is in a week, 8/29. I don't know how I can wait it out but maybe it's better than having a beta every 2 days. That can be really nerve wracking as I recall. The u/s will be the following week if all seems well with the numbers from beta #2. Yikes! I can't believe this worked. Not going to get too optimistic since I know all too well how this can play out. But it looks good so far. Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU!

No comments: