Thursday, October 25, 2007

Here I go obsessing

6DP5DT.

I went to SF on a business trip this week and am now back home. Got in at 4 am yesterday, slept for 7 hours, then got up to work from home this afternoon. While I was out there I was too busy to think about it too much, anyway. But since being back, I am OBSESSED. I don't know what symptoms are from the PIO shots and estrogen and what is potentially "real". Help fuel my obsession and help me analyze (warning, some TMI or sensitive material here):

- No nausea whatsoever, until today, I kinda felt a little nausea every time I drank water? That's just weird though.
- No smell aversions, except today my husband got a deli sandwich and pickles and the smell of the pickles immediately bothered me. But pg women LOVE pickles, don't they? Oh no!
- Had some random uterine twinges and mild cramping. Nothing so bad like AF was coming, but a mild version. Sometimes when I move or stretch in certain ways I feel a pulling.
- The girls are sore around the edges, and sometimes nipple sensations, but rarely. Last night on the plane my left nipple felt like it was burning. This has since gone away. And they look the same. The soreness varies in intensity throughout the day. Last night the left one hurt too much to sleep on my stomach. Also sometimes a random stabbing pain/feeling, but mostly fleeting. However: this soreness started before my transfer, so we can be talking about pure progesterone related side effects here.
- Tiredness: Another unreliable metric since I have been back & forth to the west coast 4 x in the past week.

But today I got really emotional like, feeling it didn't work and starting crying to my husband. We agreed, no POAS until 8DP5DT, so that's Saturday. Will save up a nice FMU and see what happens.

Is it too early? I mean, are there people who just KNOW they are pregnant? Do you just know all the time, like, oh I feel pregnant. I mean because I really don't know.

Oh and "Tell Me You Love Me" on HBO - thank you for perpetuating the stereotype that all a couple has to do to get pregnant is stop trying to get pregnant, and then it will happen, poof, just like that on the very next month.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

OMGosh girl! You have me crossing my fingers toes and pantyhose over here! (Ok, well not the pantyhose...does anyone wear those evil torturous things anymore?) I am SOOOO hoping and praying that this one sticks! Please please let us know as soon as you find out! A few people on SC have been asking about you, so if you have a second, head to our thread and let them obsess with you...if you want. I'll be thinking about you on Saturday morning!!! Love ya!
(hee hee...my verification word ends in "bd"...do I have TTC on the brain or what?)

RBandRC said...

I've got everything crossed for you! Your symptoms sound good, so that is definitely a start. I'll be holding my breath until Saturday! :)

bleu said...

You can be pregnant and not know very easily. The people that "just knew it" are usually not those who have ever dealt with IF. The PIO and Estrogen give all the symptoms of pregnancy, or not, depending on you. I have been pregnant and felt sure I was about to get AF, felt so pregnant I was sure and ended up not pregnant and felt pregnant and been pregnant. I will also say for each woman and each pregnancy it is different. I usually get cramps early on when pregnant and breasts swell but it has not been every time (I have been pregnant 3 times btw). So going nuts is normal and reading into it normal still.
I am sending much love and positive thoughts your way.