Friday, March 14, 2008

Saw the girls today...

And they are doing great!

Baby A is 1 and a half pounds, and Baby B is 1 pound 5 oz, so Baby A only weighs 3 oz more than Baby B, which is not significant. They are on target for singletons, which is good news. Hopefully they will continue to gain weight so well! The peri said everything was going along beautifully, which gives me a BIG sigh of relief. Also, we got clarification on the cord insertion of Baby B - it is ECCENTRIC and not marginal, which is much better and should not cause any problems. Baby A's placenta is still low BUT it is moving up, and they are both transverse at the moment, which means I have about a 50/50 chance of having a c-section, and still may be able to do a natural birth!

I pre-registered admission for the hospital today, and we need to pick a pediatrician soon actually, before 28 weeks was recommended. I can't believe how quickly everything is happening.

We were told not to air travel, so no babymoon! I would have loved a weekend in Palm Beach, but that's ok, we'll just try to go to a local spa or something.

I got one pic of Baby B's cute head which I will scan in and post later :)

3 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

Ny Ob has been on me for weeks now to pre-register and pick a peditrician. I cannot bring myself to do either - denial is more than a river Egypt.

i am glad hte girls are going so well! Tell them - keep up the good work

RBandRC said...

Glad to hear that the girls are doing beautifully! Can't wait for the pic. :)

singletracey said...

I have been a little MIA but I am all caught up and you and the girls LOOK FAB!!!