Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Third Time's a Charm

That's my mantra this cycle. It has to work because it just has to! It's lucky #3. I am just holding onto that right now.

Day 2 b/w and u/s this morning, everything looks good so I've already started my Estradiol tablets, patch starts on Thursday, and then a follow up on the 4th. If everything looks ok, I'll be scheduled for transfer, probably about a week later. So right now we are perfectly on schedule.

Sitting in the waiting room this morning was terrifying, I kept wanting to cry. Getting up at 6am on a Saturday so I can take the train into Manhattan to get to the clinic for morning monitoring is no picnic. Thankfully (?) I have been so slammed at work that I brought my laptop with me and crunched numbers all morning, so that was a nice distraction.

Yesterday at work I was speaking to a colleague, mid-40s man with 2 kids, and we were talking about how someone else had just had twins. He alluded to the fact that they were due to fertility treatments. So we got to talking about it, and it turns out he and his wife did IVF to get both of their kids! 2 BFNs, then 2 BFP's in a row. They tried IVF #5 for a third but when it didn't work, they decided they were lucky enough and called it quits. I was amazed. He was so open about it, and I told him, you know, you just assume everyone has kids with no problem, and you're like the only one of the people you know going through it. He told me about other people at work I had no idea about. Wow, I can't tell you how much that actually helped.

On another note, "Tell me you love me" on HBO is really starting to get to me. Their pain and fear is mine, and they are actually approaching it in such a realistic way that I have to believe someone close to the show went through this. Thank you once again, HBO, for keeping it real.

So this time I am going to not drink at all since starting the Estradiol. Last time I had a couple of drinks and then read the fine print and realized it's not a good thing. So why do anything to decrease my chances? I'm done with it.

This week will culminate in going to the immunologist to get my results, and the hematologist to review all my bloodwork.

I don't know how to end this post, it's raining and DH is mad at me for not helping around the house, so I better go.

-liw

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm glad you can get started with the cycle. I hope that mantra holds true for you and I both!

It's amazing when you get to talking who else has gone through IF. My boss actually had secondary IF and had to do IVF to get her son. If I had never opened up about my struggle and my appointments, I would never have made another bond.

I am also hooked on Tell Me You Love Me. I am writing about it on my blog every Sunday night for those who don't have HBO. It's very realistic so far. I hope they keep up the good work!

Wishing you lots of luck this cycle. I'll be checking in.

RBandRC said...

I've got everything crossed for you that the 3rd time really will be the charm! :)

Rebecca said...

I am very happy for you that things are going on schedule so far. It is truly amazing when you can make those connections with other real life IF'ers, isn't it? It makes things a tiny bit easier to deal with in some ways. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, as always for the rest of this cycle! May the third time be your charm sweetie! You deserve it!!!

bleu said...

I am thinking of you.