Thursday, September 13, 2007

Testing

Yesterday I went to the immunologist, and she was amazing. She took 10 vials of blood and tested me for everything she possibly could have: ANA, APA, ATA, ACA/IG panel, even AOA and ASA, which I didn't even consider. So, I have to wait two weeks as apparently some of these tests need to get sent to labs in far-away places, like CA. It's interesting to me that NYC doesn't have proper labs to process some of this bloodwork. I mean, come ON. It's NY. Well, in any case, I have a follow up appt in 2 weeks to review the results and determine if further testing is needed. I have to say I am actually relieved, just to have it done and hence another step in the process completed.

In other news, I went to therapy on Monday. This therapist is one of two from my clinic that only sees IF patients. What a relief, and a difference. She not only knows all of the terminology and processes, but she knows my RE, all of them on staff actually, and she can give me advice, quote stats, etc. It is exactly what I need, so I'm going to be going weekly. It's sort of pricey and she is not in my insurance network so I don't think I can get a reimbursement, but I'll just chalk it up to the high financial cost of IF in general.

Tuesday is the appt with my RE, finally. It's taken so long to get here. I am just so ready to get started again. I am finally starting to feel better, spirits lifting, thinking we may actually be able to pull this off, in time.

Work is crazy busy and stressful and I've got alot of new projects, which I admit has been quite good for me. Distracting, anyway. And one of my homework assignments from the new therapist was to stop doing IF research online. So far, so good.

Hope all you ladies out there are doing well.

-liw

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey girl! I'm so glad to see that things are moving forward, and that they are testing you for everything under the sun. I hope the results will bring some answers and peace of mind. I am also glad that the therapist seems to be a better fit than your last one. In my opinion, they ought to offer free therapy to anyone going through IF. In a perfect world, right? Anyway, just wanted to let you know I'm still thinking about you. I hope that you're holding up ok. Let us know how everything goes with the RE and the testing!

Love ya lots!
Rebecca

RBandRC said...

Glad to hear you're doing better. Therapy can be so helpful and its great that the Dr. works with your clinic. My therapist isn't associated with my clinic, but he was an OBGYN for 20 years before going into psychology, so he gets it.

Hope all of your testing comes back soon and your appointment with your RE goes well! Good luck and keep us posted! :)

Kristen said...

I just had testing done for APA/APS. I hope everything comes back okay for you. I hated waiting for an answer!

That is great that your therapist is so involved. I really hope the therapy gives you some peace of mind.

Good luck with everything! XOXO

lub said...

I hope you have a terrif re appt! You certainly have waited long enough.