Monday, February 18, 2008

20 weeks!

If I were pregnant with just one baby, we'd be at the halfway point. Since we're having twins, I probably past that point a couple of weeks ago. I've gained about 26 lbs and about 12 inches around on my waist. I'd love to say all of the weight is in my mid section, but even my arms appear to be getting chubby. Oh well! Anything for the babies.

In any case, we had the rest of our anatomy scan on Friday @ 19w4d, and both babies look great. All of their organs look good, their limbs are measuring appropriately, Baby A is 11 oz and Baby B is 10 oz. Their amniotic fluid situation is perfect and I've still got a very long cervix, which is ideal.

Of course, there are a couple of things that we need to keep watch of. Baby A's placenta has not moved up yet. This should still happen as the uterus moves up, especially after 20 weeks. So until then I am on restricted activity. Baby B has an eccentric or marginal umbilical cord insertion. An eccentric insertion is nothing to be concerned about, but if it is marginal, that means it did not implant in the best possible place in the placenta. This hopefully won't cause any problems with growth discordancy, but we'll have to keep monitoring them for their growth to make sure. It's pretty common that one twin outgrows the other, but hopefully not by too much. It's also fairly common for a twin pregnancy to have a cord issue with one or both of the babies. Generally it's a problem at delivery, but since we know about it well in advance we can watch it. However, this is just another reason why I will most likely have a Cesarean delivery.

However, the peri is not too concerned and is keeping me on my regular monitoring schedule for now, so I won't be back there until nearly 24 weeks. Just hoping all goes smoothly until then (fingers crossed!)

Here are a few new belly shots from today:







Finally starting to look pregnant and not just like I had a big lunch!

5 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

you are super cute!!! Glad hte appointment went well - i have mine tomorrow

bleu said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww you look very cute and very pregnant. So adorable!!!

Congrats on the good scan and making it past thehalfway mark.

WOOHOO

Rebecca said...

Congrats on everything going so well! I hope the cord issues don't cause too many problems. Since they're aware of them, they will likely keep a very close eye on them. You do look great!

singletracey said...

YEAH for things going well! You look adorable and I love the baby bump!

20 weeks.. WOW it goes quickly! Here is to continuing to feel good!

lub said...

You have such a cute bump! I am so jealous as I feel like I am just fat from my bbs down to my knees. I am glad to know the twins are growing well. Did you find out the genders? Congrats!