Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's been a really long time

Sorry everyone, but with the holidays and first trimester sickness, and with just how busy I've been at work, it's been hard to update the blog. I have, however, been reading all of your blogs, yet only commenting for those who need some support and are going through rough situations. I think of you often, and wish you all the best.

As for my updates (warning: pregnancy related), here they are:

- I am 17w3d today
- The NT scan went great, and our risk for down's is 1/2700. This is substantially lower than my age group, so we are happy.
- I've gained about 16 pounds, so pretty much on target for what my peri is looking for.
- The partial anatomy scan showed no issues except Twin A has a low lying placenta (but not a previa). The peri expects this will resolve itself as the pregnancy moves along, but I have been put on pelvic rest - no sex or working out. Fine with me!
- I did have an incident on Tuesday where I had a couple of spots of blood drip out when urinating. However, that was it, and I got an emergency u/s which showed the twins were just fine, and my cervix was still very long. OB thinks it is because I have this violent cough which acts up at night, and prescribed me tylenol with codeine, which she said was ok to take at this point. I have also begun to work from home. The 2 hour commute each way is too much for my body to handle I think. The OB was pretty clear that I need to be more careful and slow down.

Evidently I woke up this morning from a sex dream. When I went to the loo, my urine was slightly darker as if it could be tinged with blood, but then that stopped right away. I think the combination of my coughing fit last night coupled with the possible orgasm in my dream triggered some slight possible spotting. So unfair! It's not even my fault if I O in a dream! Anyway, I checked the heartbeats with my doppler, and they were both fine. Stressful!

Oh yeah, and the twins are 2 girls! Dizygotic (fraternal) of course. We are thrilled!

Here are a couple belly shots for y'all:



4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

looking great - sorry about the scare

Rebecca said...

Aw, two girls!!! Congratulations! You look great by the way! Glad to hear all is going well, aside from the little scare...hopefully the pelvic rest will help take care of that. Good to see you posting again!

bleu said...

OMG it's about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad you are doing great. Congrats on the lil girlies. Great belly pics.

Ok now listen to me on this one, go to a Whole Foods or a co-op and get Chestal cough syrup. It is by Boiron and it is homeopathic and totally safe for pregnancy. It is also the ONLY thing I have ever found to stop the uncontrollable cough or the itchy scratchy cough. It tastes like honey and works like a miracle. Everyone I have ever convinced to take it has been amazed. I also recommend getting two bottles. It works way way better than even the codeine stuff, I swear.
Take care, and I am so glad to hear from you!!!

Kristen said...

Congrats on your two little girls! How sweet! Love the belly pics. And can't wait to hear more about how they're growing.

So sorry about the spotting but it sounds like you have a sensitive cervix. I hope it stops soon! XOXO