Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Update...

Nothing really new to report, I haven't had an u/s in 11 days (!!) so I have NO idea what is going on in there. I was really sick last week, vomiting nearly every day after dinner. I think I figured out that greasy food really sets me off (cheesy/oily, like baked ziti, pizza, grilled cheese and fries - I puked after all of those meals.) However ever since Sunday, the 10w mark, I have been feeling alot better. My appetite is not normal, but I can tolerate the thought of more food, and I have not thrown up once. My nausea is very minimal indeed. At first this worried me, but I then read up on how HCG levels peak at 9-10w and decline, so perhaps that is why. Maybe my body is used to the levels finally! I also had my progesterone checked at 9w and it was 49, so I have spent a week tapering off the PIO shots and the Estrogen tablets and patches. One more week and I will be completely done.

I see the MFM doctor on 12/17, but I don't think it is for an u/s. However my NT test is on 12/19 and I have an appt with the OB after.

Lastly, my belly is sort of bloated, but I don't think this counts as showing. I have been keeping a measure on my waist around my belly button. It is around 31-32 in the morning and 34 in the evening, which leads me to believe there is definite bloating going on. It is normally 26, so I am definitely putting on some wideness. I'd love to just "pop" so I can feel confident in this. I know my RE said after having so many good u/s that my odds of having a m/c drop to 5% or less for each baby, so that helps, but I am still nervous. Should I be wishing for my nausea back or just be glad it is finally tapering off? I don't know.

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

my morning sickness subsided around 10w3d. I noticed a HUGEly different feeling. A feeling of "wow i sort of feel ok and not so nauseous". I think that you are doing well. vomiting and nausea isn't a whole lot of fun!

Kami said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I hope it will just keep getting easier too. And I am grateful to be able to carry our child and give birth.

I came across one study that indicated m/s peaked around 8-10 weeks and then started tapering off - first fairly quickly and then more slowly up to around the 16th week.

Natalie said...

Your whole puking a lot thing does NOT sound fun. Especially after the yummy cheesy things... I love cheese! On everything!

Cibele said...

Your post sound just like one I wrote when I was 10 weeks along. My nausea really went away at the 10 weeks mark, I was very very worried.. it turns out that lots of women stop having morning sickness at this time. As for showing, wait a few more weeks and you will see. I was not showing at all until 16 weeks and now I cant stop growing... Hugs!!!!